Many thanks to our guest blogger, Rebecca Hill from Physiomed. She has done a lot of research on this subject. Here is what she has to say:
My name is Rebecca Hill and I’ve been doing some research on why walking in nature is good for your brain.
Several studies and research have shown that people who walk a lot in the woods or parks have reduced stress level compared with those people who walk in cities.
As part of my research I created this info-graphic “How Nature Walks Make Your Brain Healthier.”
The graphic mainly talks about:
• Why city dwellers need more walks.
• How walks in nature can boost your immunity.
• Why there is a need for more parks in cities.
• Physical benefits of walking that could improve your body.
• The benefits of Japanese forest bathing.
(Infographic Source: http://www.physiomed.ca/walking-in-nature/)