We’re talking in this blog about five foods that naturally detox the body. We are inundated on a daily basis with toxins we cannot avoid. The world we live in is toxic, the air we breathe is full of pollution, our water is not 100% clean. Fortunately, there are many things we can avoid and control when it comes to what enters our bodies. Choosing to fuel ourselves with foods that naturally fight toxins is an essential step in decreasing our toxic load.
Here are five foods that naturally detox the body…
1. Garlic. Packed with sulfur – a mineral that supports the body in detoxification. Garlic is also extremely valuable to the body as it contains antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties that keep your immune system resilient. Best news yet – it’s delicious and a great addition to almost any meal. So, eat up!
2. Turmeric. You may know this beneficial herb as the main spice in curry. Great for inflammation, free-radical fighting antioxidants, and detoxing the liver. You can use turmeric to season your veggies, add into your soups, take it as a supplement or make a homemade turmeric tea. (recipe below)
3. Leafy greens. It’s no surprise that I’m telling you how advantageous it is to eat your greens, right? Loaded with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, getting greens into your diet will leave you with lasting results. Greens are also filled with fiber which helps you to feel satisfied longer. You can be sure to get your greens in salads, green smoothies, juicing and cooking your greens into your meals.
4. Dandelion Root. You may not have been expecting that one! Yes, dandelion root has incredible health benefits – especially beneficial for your digestive system and your liver. A favorite way to add this into my diet is by drinking dandelion root tea, which you can pick up at your health food store.
5. Beets. Beets are fantastic for detoxing the liver, among the tremendous amount of antioxidants, calcium and vitamins they possess. Actually, beets are something I love. Sometimes, I just like to cook them and eat them slice. Recently though, I have been slicing them really thin, tossing them in a little olive oil together with garlic power and cumin, and then baking them in the oven on 375 for about 20 minutes until a little crisp. They make a great snack.
Detox Tip: If you notice, many of these detox benefits include detoxing the liver. When the liver is clean and functioning optimally, your body is better able to balance your energy, hormones, and the rest of your body functions more pleasantly.
Homemade Turmeric Tea Recipe
• 3 cups of water
• 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
• Honey to taste (optional)
• Cinnamon to taste (optional)
• ½ teaspoon of ginger (optional)
Blend all ingredients together in a blender, pour into small pan and heat on the stove until the desired temperature is reached. Enjoy!
If you would like to learn more about detoxifying your liver, cleansing your system, or other tools that can jump start you to weight loss, why not get on a FREE call with me and we can discuss your needs and goals and begin to map out some strategies for you. ==>CLICK HERE<==